Humanities (History, Geography, RE)
The humanities curriculum at Cottons Farm Primary Academy allows children to investigate and understand the world in which they live.
Through the Geography, History and Religious Education curriculums they will learn and develop:
· understanding of chronology
· understanding local history and geography
· that they live in a city, county, country and how they are connected to the rest of the UK/world.
· world religions / religions in local community/within our school
· the different cultures in the local area, UK and wider world
· to use their personal experiences in their learning and to support others to understand.
· inspiration for their future – to go and visit, see, explore the world
· map reading skills
· environmental impact – climate change– changes over time on the environment
· to recognise the links between the humanities - when people lives, where people live and how they live
· create opportunities to discuss, debate and reason